Welcome

Hi there! Welcome to "Piece a Quilt" by Joey Strange. This blog is going to be about my love of quilting!! And hopefully helping you to start one of your own. I once was a beginner and would love to help you too. Also I'll be giving tips, posting pictures of quilts, anything else pertaining to quilting, and sewing projects. Enjoy!

Saturday, January 9, 2010

How I started Quilting!

How I started quilting?? You ask.



Well it was back in 2003. I was getting married in June and I thought (in Febuary) what a neat idea to give wallhanging quilts to the bridesmaids!! So I went to the local quilt store in Centerville and browsed the store looking for a quilt design I liked. Well I found it!! A double wedding ring pattern!! The name is perfect!! So I bought the Quiltsmart Double Wedding Ring and a book by Judy Martin. I had 4 months to complete 5 quilts!! Yes you heard me 5!! I made 4 of the Double Wedding Ring wallhanging, now let me think of the colors...blue, green, purple, and I can't think of the 4th one!! What about the 5th quilt? Well for the maid-of-honor which was my sister I made her "Shakespeare in the Park" from the Judy Martin book and made it a twin size. Can you believe it she still has it!!! I should have her take a picture of it. Nah!! Well she wants me to make another one in orange and blue. Hmmm, I'll have to see about that.


A few years ago (ok maybe over 3 years ago) I discovered rag quilting!! And love it! Its sooo fast and easy!! I now have a machine that has a 8.5" square with the fringe already cut for me!!! Check out my store...
I have a few listed there and can do custom orders!!


No comments:

Post a Comment