Welcome

Hi there! Welcome to "Piece a Quilt" by Joey Strange. This blog is going to be about my love of quilting!! And hopefully helping you to start one of your own. I once was a beginner and would love to help you too. Also I'll be giving tips, posting pictures of quilts, anything else pertaining to quilting, and sewing projects. Enjoy!

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Prewash or Not to Prewash?

I don't like to prewash my fabric. Why? Because I use the Warm Company batting (I'm a seller of this batting; check my store). I like the antique look of my quilt once it is washed. But, oh Joey, what about if your fabric bleeds like using red!! I have a solution for that!! I use "Shout Color Catcher"!! It has been a lifesavor! One of the RQQ members told me about it and it truely works!!

Did you try prewashing your fabrics? Yes, I did. It's time consuming and plus you would have to iron the fabric!!! Why, don't you iron your fabric? Yes, I do! I actually use stream while ironing my fabrics. So the stream actually shrinks the fabric. I've not had a problem, yet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment