Welcome

Hi there! Welcome to "Piece a Quilt" by Joey Strange. This blog is going to be about my love of quilting!! And hopefully helping you to start one of your own. I once was a beginner and would love to help you too. Also I'll be giving tips, posting pictures of quilts, anything else pertaining to quilting, and sewing projects. Enjoy!

Friday, October 23, 2009

Threads

It's good to buy quality thread!! You want to keep your sewing machine in working order. And using quality thread is IMPORTANT!! I use Madeira, Sulky, Gutterman, but my favorite is Madeira. I also sell it in my store. I've used it for over 5 years now!!

Well, when you are having issues with your sewing machine, you will more than likely be asked, "Did you change your needle?" Then it will be "Are you using quality thread?" Don't make the mistake and buy the inexpensive thread at the stores. Sure they are at a good price, but really, will your items hold together? If you are selling your items the customers will remember you if your items fall apart pretty quickly!!

 
You can go to the above site and see the different strands of thread under the microscope. Pretty interesting. You want to look for one that does not have all those loose fibers that can and will hurt your machine later down the road!
 
Happy Stitching!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment